Wednesday, August 05, 2015

"Fabulous Finds -- John William Waterhouse"

John William Waterhouse:  Boreas, The Soul of the Rose, Picking Flowers, Ophelia

I discovered a box of note cards at a local consignment shop the other day.  I did not recognize the artist or the works, but I was smitten.  The artist's depictions of women are stunning.

I learned that the painter, John William Waterhouse, painted in the "Pre-Raphaelite" style, His contemporaries were the Impressionists; Van Gogh, Monet, etc.


Art enables us to find ourselves and to lose ourselves at the same time.
.

1 comment:

  1. Now I know why I like shawls so much! How feminine and mysterious they are....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.
You are helping to improve the quality of "Gillowbugs & Daisy Tales."