Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Quilting -- "Fussy Cut Quilt"

Photo Credit:  pinterest --  Sample "Fussy Cut" Quilt Block






















I'm prepping for a new quilting class by gathering materials and supplies … I need to buy some interesting fabric for “fussy cutting” … a technique used to center an image in a quilt block ... it's time to head off to the quilt shop …

Back from the shop with some fabulous new fabric for the "fussy" part of the quilt ... black backdrop with blue, pink, and purple hydrangeas as the pattern ... The other fabrics are lilac, green/lilac, cream/orange/purple/green/blue. I'm all set and ready to rock 'n roll ...

Back home after first session ... I won the jackpot -- the other student cancelled so I have the instructor all to myself ... one-on-one instruction ... doesn't get any better. Big surprise ... the instructor is a childhood friend ... Janice ... she lived in the house directly across the street from my home. 

In addition to the quilting lesson, we had a chance to catch up on the buzz about family members, babies, weddings, and what-have-you. We managed to get the pieces cut for the quilt ... background triangles, rectangular dividers, and fussy cut squares. We laid the pieces out and the purples and greens just POP! I'm quite pleased with the fabrics and the way the colors interplay.

The three-hour class flew by for me and I think that Janice enjoyed our visit. Three more sessions ... I'm hoping to actually fully complete the quilt by the close of session four. Wish me luck!

Photo Credit:  pinterest --  "Fussy Cut" Quilt Block Technique




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.
You are helping to improve the quality of "Gillowbugs & Daisy Tales."