Saturday, February 13, 2016

"Lebkuchenhertz -- German Gingerbread Heart Cookies"


Image Credits:
"M.I. Hummel by Goebel, Valentine Girl (1972), "I Like You" -- www.ebay.com
"I mog di", I Like You Lebkuchenherzen" -- www.etsy.com
"Ich liebe Dich -- I Love You Lebkuchenherzen" -- Not Known 

An interesting history of "Lebkuchenherzen," German gingerbread cookies,
can be found at smileycookie.com

If you want to bake a "Lebkuchenherzen" for your sweetheart, a recipe and
a few useful phrases/mottos are available at germanfood.about.com

A Few Useful Phrases for your "Lebkuchenherzen"
  • "Ich liebe Dich" (I love you)
  • "Ich mag Dich" (I like you)
  • "Spatzl" (little sparrow)
  • "Weil i Di mog" (Because I like you - in Munich dialect)
  • "Für mein Mädl" (for my girl)
  • "Ich hab Dich (sooo) lieb" (I like you sooo muh)
  • "Zum Muttertag (etc.)" (for mother's day)
  • "Drücke mich" (hug me)
  • "Meiner Kuschelmaus" (my snuggle-mouse)
  • "No. 1 Lehrer" (Number One Teacher)
  • "#1 Mutti" (Number 1 mother, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.
You are helping to improve the quality of "Gillowbugs & Daisy Tales."