Tuesday, June 14, 2016

"Knitting -- The Master Plan" -- "Knitters' Group Session No. 2"




The homework this past week has been to practice, practice, practice my knitting skills.I focused on alternating knit and purl stitches, remembering to knit four stitches at each end of each row to prevent the knitted fabric from curling/rolling, and experimenting with huge needles.

By the end of the week I'd created another wonky practice square out of yellow yarn ... alternating groups of six knit stitches and six purl stitches to make a "basket weave" pattern. 

I decided to try my hand at a project using size "17" needles, size "6/Super Bulky" yarn and focusing on the stockinette stitch.  I settled on the inevitable "scarf" -- my only other option being a wash/dish cloth given my limited expertise at this point in the "Master Plan."  I managed to knit approximately 12 inches of fairly consistent and buttery soft fabric.

The next meeting of the library's knitting group will be held today.  I'm going back to seek out someone to teach me how to use circular needles.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.
You are helping to improve the quality of "Gillowbugs & Daisy Tales."