Wednesday, June 15, 2016

"Knitting -- The Master Plan" -- "One DOWN One UP"


The day was disappointing because there were only three members of the library's needle craft group at today's meeting.  Since the other two members were crocheters, I was unable to discover the trick to knitting with circular needles from a live tutor.  It's back to YouTube to find a demonstration ...

On the "UP" side ... the group donated a quantity of yarn to the LFBG's Good Works Ministry.  I spent this evening sorting out the mixed bag of worsted weight yarn, delicate pastel baby yarns, kits, and what-have-you.  The materials will be made available to team members at our next meeting on Monday, June 20, 2016.

There is a quantity of tan and cranberry yarn suitable for a lapghan ... perhaps someone will join me in the "Five Lapghans for Veterans" challenge I proposed at the last meeting.  

I'm currently working on crocheted lapghan number one.  It's made of Bernat's "Blanket Yarn" -- a super bulky, yet amazingly soft and lightweight yarn -- worked in a modified "granny square" pattern with alternating thin and wide bands.

The lapghan's main color is "Sonoma" ... a mixture of rich browns, tans, and cream. 

I've got one more skein of "Sonoma" to add to the body of the lapghan -- I'm aiming for a finished square of at least 40" per side.  

Once the body of the lapghan is completed, I'll design some type of simple border in "Cream" ... perhaps I'll add picots to the edging ... perhaps not.

I'm off in search of a hot cup of "Tazo Cinnamon and Star Anise" tea, a comfortable seat in my recliner, and some quiet time hooking the lapghan.  'night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.
You are helping to improve the quality of "Gillowbugs & Daisy Tales."