Saturday, June 18, 2016

"Knitting -- The Master Plan" -- "Little Progress ..."

Image Credit:  yarnobsession.com
I made no progress today in my quest to learn how to knit using circular needles.  I'm saving the "YouTube" exploration for tomorrow.

I spent the evening rolling two balls of fuschia wool yarn from a vintage hank. The yarn was a bit tangled, so the entire project took about two hours.  There's something quite relaxing and satisfying about transforming a tangled mass of yarn into a nice neat ball ready for anything.

I'm looking forward to experimenting with the 100% wool yarn ... the texture and hand of the yarn is quite different than the blended yarns I'm accustomed to.  I think I may save this yarn for my first attempt at a knitted mitten.  The texture and color of the yarn would make an interesting project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.
You are helping to improve the quality of "Gillowbugs & Daisy Tales."